Hang Gliding Lessons
Fly high above Christiansted with a certified hang gliding instructor! We offer daily tandem lessons over the crystal clear waters of St. Croix.
- We’re open from 9am to 5pm daily.
- You can reserve official flying times from sunrise to sunset.
How We Fly
Hang Glide St. Croix launches hang gliders using a method called payout winch towing:
- The winch is mounted on to the boat.
- We secure you and your instructor in harnesses connected to the glider.
- The towline is attached to the harnesses through the glider, which has a nose release that holds it to the boat until we’re ready to launch.
- We adjust the winch to achieve proper line tension.
- After completing all safety checks and reaching launch speed (approximately 35 mph), we release the glider’s nose until the boat gets to the end of our towing area.
- Once we reach release altitude (approximately 1,000 feet), we release the towline from the glider and you and your instructor begin their flight down.
- During the flight, you’ll be able to take the controls and practice flying the glider.
- The glider is fitted with pontoons. Once we land on the water, the boat pulls around and picks you up using a specially designed platform.
- Weight maximum per student is 210 lbs.
- Minimum age is determined on an individual basis.
- Like all outdoor sports, hang gliding is subject to weather conditions.
Hang Glide St. Croix is an outdoor adventure company based in Christiansted, St. Croix. We offer daily hang gliding lessons from sunrise to sunset with our certified, experienced instructors. Book a lesson today and enjoy an unforgettable experience on your US Virgin Islands vacation!
Click here to call 352-516-8618 352-516-8618 Click here to email firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
Click here to view location 1 Strand Street Christiansted, USVI 00820
1 Strand Street
Christiansted, USVI 00820